Maker Camp makes the biggest impact on Mentors as they make the biggest impact on Campers!
Maker Mentors must
Be 14-20 years
Be entering 9th grade-recent graduate
Be responsible, respectful & hard-working
Attend Sunday Orientation & full week of camp
Typical Week for Maker Mentor
6:00-8:00 PM Maker Mentor orientation & set up
9:00-9:15 AM opening assembly - team spirit skits/cheers
9:15-10:15 AM 1st Component: Engineering* - assist Engineering director with projects
10:15-10:30 AM snack with campers (provided)
10:30-11:30 PM 2nd Component: ReCreation* - assist ReCreation director in games & activities
11:30-1:00 PM lunch & free time with campers at Memorial Park (bring your own)
1:00-2:00 PM 3rd Component: Art Exploration* - assist Art Exploration director with projects
2:00-3:00 PM 4th Component: Tech lab* - assist Tech Lab director with projects
3:00-5:00 PM after care, clean up & set up for next day
**4:00-5:30 PM Fridays only - clean up & debriefing
*Rotation order varies by age group.
**Parent Presentations are Fridays 3:00 each week.
- Have a positive attitude! Be enthusiastic about all projects & activities!
- Be respectful to campers and camp directors.
- Report all incidents to camp director immediately.
- Wear camp T-shirt & mid-length shorts or pants each day.
- Keep track of campers, their property & their projects.
- Encourage respect & creativity and inspire campers to be like you!